Visit The International Bed Bug Resource Authority
If you or a loved one is experiencing bed bugs for the first time and don’t know which way to turn, call on an IBBRA member in your area. They can direct you to safe and proper bed bug elimination methods and options and help you with solutions to your nightmares.
1. Where Were You 40-50 Years Ago?
2. People Hide The Fact They Have Bed Bugs From Landlord, Friends, Relatives (Keeping It A Secret).
People just don’t understand that bed bugs are something every single living human that has blood can fall victim to. I believe that covers about 7 billion people worldwide. There is no reason a person should be ashamed if they get them. Don’t keep bed bugs a secret – get help!
3. Self-Treatment Using Bed Bug Bombs (Foggers), Certain Liquids, Contact Killers, Etc.
4. Improper Removal of Infested Items
5. “Move” To Get Away From Bed Bugs without Complete Elimination
6. Sleeping In another Room In Order To “Get Away From the Bed Bugs”
7. Staying at a Friend’s House without Taking Proper Precautions
8. Coming Home From a Trip – (Bringing Infested Items into Car Or Home)
9. Not Checking Hotel Rooms before Occupancy
10. Moving Into Homes and Apartments without a “Bed Bug Background Check”
11. Allowing Friends and Family to Visit without an Established Protocol
12. Proper Identification of the “Bug”(S) By A Trained Professional
13. Using Unlabelled Chemical Products a Friend Gave You
14. Not Doing Follow up Treatments
15. Leaving Post Treatment and Used Vacuum Bags inside the Vacuum and In the House
16. Placing Freshly Laundered Items Back Into Infested Premises
17. Allowing “Clutter” To Build Up
19. People Don’t Prevent Re-Infestations
20. Purchasing Furniture and Items From Second Hand Stores
21. Picking Up Furniture on The Street Or Out Of The Dumpster
22. Putting Things Outside In the Heat/Cold
23. Treating Mattresses with Pesticides
24. I can “do it myself” people